CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Little man realization

I was on my stepmommy site today and got thinking about Little man. This is what came out and I realized how true it is. I do believe blogging is a form of both therapy and self realization.
"I just want to talk about Little man for a minute. He is four years old and 90 to nothing! He is so much more than I realized he was. Everyday we have him, he's grown a little more. He tells me lately that he loves being here at our home. We have our little things we do. Like, after dinner on the days we have him, we go for a little walk around our apartment complex as a family. Hubby and I have learned so much about him this way. We have our fun little things we do during our walk. We look for the "tigers" in the woods and keep an eye out for our little raccoon friends that live in the dumpsters. We talk about what is on his mind. We go over whatever is on his little (active!!) mind. We make ourselves be airplanes or birds with our shadows and just spend quality time together. This is the stuff of memories. I will never forget these little walks and I hope he won't either. We go to Barnes and Noble on the weekends and play in the kids section and look for fun new books that interest him. (We usually get ourselves a coffee and him an organic chocolate milk). We color and draw and use our imaginations! I forget these things when I get caught up in my adult drama. I forget how wonderfully fun and loving he is and am making it a conscious effort to not take it out on him. He is in my world for a reason and lately I've been wanting to spend more and more time with him. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am so grateful to have this opportunity to get to know this wonderful little person!"

1 comment:

Karie said...

That's really sweet. I'm glad you're enjoying him.