July 30, 2009
Yesterday sucked.
I was alone all day, did nothing. Hubby came home and I got to see him for like 40 min and he passed out for the rest of the night, and I was alone.
I was alone all day.
Alone.
This morning, I made some coffee and read my book. It’s called ‘The Geography of Bliss’ by Eric Weiner. Wonderful book.
I got it from a fellow blogger. Thank you, fellow blogger!
It is about a guy trying to find the happiest places in the world. He went to the unhappiest place, to compare… This place is horrid. There is no happiness at all there. No trust, no $$$, no real love. It made me appreciate America. Appreciate our “all American burgers” and what have you. It also made me open my eyes. I do have a lot of good, though I can’t seem to see it right now.
There was a quote in the book;
“Hope is the sheet anchor of every man. When hope is destroyed, great grief follows, which is almost equal to death itself.”
– Ancient Indian text
That really spoke to me. It made me think of this coffee shop job. I have my hopes high for it. What if it falls through? It will be like a death to me. One down, where do I go now? I know it’s bad to think that way, but I can’t help it sometimes. I am going to my Momma’s today to follow up. I pray I get it. I need it.
I can’t spend any more days all alone.
Being alone all the time has made me think of who my true friends are. I have “fair-weather friends”. They are there for me if there is something in it for them. {Not all of them! The ones I do have that are real, you know who you are, and thank you}
Friendship comes with a price.
If we have money to do things, we hang out with our friends, if we are broke, we don’t hear from anyone. That, to me, is fucked up. What happened to coming over to our house, drinking some free water and watching a movie? Or talking? Jamming… What happened to those times? Is it really all about money? Does money buy happiness?
Or better yet, friends?
Yesterday sucked.
I was alone all day, did nothing. Hubby came home and I got to see him for like 40 min and he passed out for the rest of the night, and I was alone.
I was alone all day.
Alone.
This morning, I made some coffee and read my book. It’s called ‘The Geography of Bliss’ by Eric Weiner. Wonderful book.
I got it from a fellow blogger. Thank you, fellow blogger!
It is about a guy trying to find the happiest places in the world. He went to the unhappiest place, to compare… This place is horrid. There is no happiness at all there. No trust, no $$$, no real love. It made me appreciate America. Appreciate our “all American burgers” and what have you. It also made me open my eyes. I do have a lot of good, though I can’t seem to see it right now.
There was a quote in the book;
“Hope is the sheet anchor of every man. When hope is destroyed, great grief follows, which is almost equal to death itself.”
– Ancient Indian text
That really spoke to me. It made me think of this coffee shop job. I have my hopes high for it. What if it falls through? It will be like a death to me. One down, where do I go now? I know it’s bad to think that way, but I can’t help it sometimes. I am going to my Momma’s today to follow up. I pray I get it. I need it.
I can’t spend any more days all alone.
Being alone all the time has made me think of who my true friends are. I have “fair-weather friends”. They are there for me if there is something in it for them. {Not all of them! The ones I do have that are real, you know who you are, and thank you}
Friendship comes with a price.
If we have money to do things, we hang out with our friends, if we are broke, we don’t hear from anyone. That, to me, is fucked up. What happened to coming over to our house, drinking some free water and watching a movie? Or talking? Jamming… What happened to those times? Is it really all about money? Does money buy happiness?
Or better yet, friends?
No comments:
Post a Comment