Last night, while Hubby and I were showering, we decided we need to quit smoking.
I have always said that I'll never smoke in front of my children and here I am, smoking in front of my step son... He mentioned the other day that when he grows up, he can smoke, too. I told him absolutely not! Smoking is nasty and bad and it kills you
{as I take a drag...}
He looked at me confused and repeated that when he grows up, it's okay. Then I realized, EVERY SINGLE adult in his life smokes, so he probably thinks all adults smoke. How sad is that? We need to quit for Little man as well as our own health.
So we decided it's now or never.
First day half over, I'm okay. Nervous. Anxious. Ansey... Haha!
I finally got my little brother's birthday gift boxed up.
(his birthday was in August... I'm a slacker)
It also has his housewarming coasters. I'm really stoked about how cute they turned out. I like that I am finally becoming crafty. I sent Daddy's housewarming gift, too. Another thing I made.
Hubby and I have established some ground "no smoking" rules.
We kept our smokes in this cute cauldron on the corner of our kitchen nook, so I hid the lighters and put peppermints, butterscotch, and gum in it. We also decided that when we start getting pissy with each other, we'll "take laps". We'll walk around our apartment complex twice every time we start feeling like we're getting anxious.
In other words, we'll lose so much effin weight! Haha!!
I've started taking vitamins and he is going to get some, too. I also want us to start doing outdoorsy stuff. We have an adorable nature walk that I love! We can go to the pool, walk around downtown and look at art. There is a lot of stuff I am trying to think of for us to do instead of smoking. Plus, most of the stuff is free! A plus!!
I'm going to really delve in the guitar playing, too. And I have a lot of crafts that I want to finish up and start. Christmas is coming up kind quick and I want to make all our gifts for family and friends this year. ♥
I've been really thinking about my future. As I've mentioned, I'll be 25 next month and I'm not where I want to be in life. I am married, that is a good thing. But my career is not even close to where I wanted it to be. I wanted to be established in my career by now. My Daddy is trying to help get me on the right track. He is helping me find websites to help start something. I am thinking about doing a physical therapy program that will teach me the trade and place me into a job. From there, I can go back to massage therapy school with my career money and slowly transition into my passion. This is my plan. I hope I can get the help and find the right program that I need to succeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment