Everyone has that word, that thing...
For some it is a 4 letter word, or a random word, like "moist" that make them cringe,
For some the mention of bugs, heights, or ghosts make them shiver...
For me it's the "D" word.
"Divorce"
It crosses my path at least 300 times or more a day where I work.
(Seriously, no exaggeration.)
I've seen it ruin families, it ruined mine when I was little.
As a newlywed, the word is the something that makes me cringe! I hate the thought of it and I can't seem to shake it. I hear of friends getting divorced, I hear of peers getting divorced, I see at work that most divorcee's do it more than once.
When Hubby and I fight, I always fear that we won't be able to get passed this, or that this is too soon for us to be fighting the way we are. I know we love each other more than words can explain, and that neither of us would have gotten married if we didn't know we could get through anything. We have already gotten through so much together and I know our bond is unshakable.
So, why then, does the "D" word fuck with me so bad?
I thought I was over this fear. I thought it was gone. Maybe it's because it's in my face more lately or something?
I just wish I could get it out of my head!!!
*
Say "I love you" and "I missed you" more often.
*
2 comments:
ah yes....that word is one I dont want to muter, I cant imagine- and I'm not married but I cant imagine the heartache....I will say I love you a million times today!
I completely understand where you are coming from! While Carl was in the service, everybody liked to remind me that we could be "next". Not many military families make it through a deployment, but we did! And, though it won't always be easy, I have faith that you and your wonderful hubby will make it through anything as well! I feel that many times, too often it seems, that marriages fall apart because one of the parties doesn't want to do the work involved in holding the marriage together. The D word has been crowding my joy lately too, 3 of hubby's coworkers are either in the process of one, or are talking about getting one. It breaks my heart! As you said, divorce shattered my family when I was younger, and I cannot imagine trying to live through that heartache a second time! Keep on trucking little missy! I'm sure that your marriage will stay strong and intact for years to come! Just focus on the love that you have for each other and the vows you took on your wedding day and you'll do just fine! :D
Love you and miss you like crazy pretty girl! <3
Post a Comment