July 26, 2009
Tonight has been so much better than this morning!
I have been on a mission to find my outlet. Everyone I know has their thing. I’ve recently picked up blogging, which I must say, I do quite love. But I don’t feel complete. I don’t always feel like blogging. Sometimes I want something different.
As I have mentioned before, Hubby is a guitar God. He is wonderful at it and loves it. I was jealous of these pieces of wood and steel at one point and figured if I can’t beat it, join it. So I have taken an interest in learning about them. How they work, what they’re made of… I tried to play at one point. It was awful. I felt like I wasn’t good enough, and got way too discouraged. So I gave up.
Lately, I’ve had an itch to pick it back up and really try.
So we had our first lesson tonight. I did so good! I am really proud of me!! My fingers do hurt, but I tried real hard and it sounded pretty. I even strummed a little bit, which is something that made me literally cry before. I want to go to a guitar store and try some on, to see which one I want to get. My goal is by my birthday in October to get my very first guitar! How exciting!!
My Daddy plays. I grew up singing Horse With No Name while he played. I have always loved the way he plays, to this day, it still makes me tear up. Hubby plays a lot like him. I can’t wait to talk to him again and tell him my news! I hope I do good with this! I feel good about it.
For the first time in a long ass time, we were both happy just because.
I think it’s the excitement of a possible job and the fact that I am finally doing something he loves so much. He has been trying for over 2 years to get me to play and I am finally doing it. I feel like it is something we can do together and enjoy together.
Woot!
Tonight has been so much better than this morning!
I have been on a mission to find my outlet. Everyone I know has their thing. I’ve recently picked up blogging, which I must say, I do quite love. But I don’t feel complete. I don’t always feel like blogging. Sometimes I want something different.
As I have mentioned before, Hubby is a guitar God. He is wonderful at it and loves it. I was jealous of these pieces of wood and steel at one point and figured if I can’t beat it, join it. So I have taken an interest in learning about them. How they work, what they’re made of… I tried to play at one point. It was awful. I felt like I wasn’t good enough, and got way too discouraged. So I gave up.
Lately, I’ve had an itch to pick it back up and really try.
So we had our first lesson tonight. I did so good! I am really proud of me!! My fingers do hurt, but I tried real hard and it sounded pretty. I even strummed a little bit, which is something that made me literally cry before. I want to go to a guitar store and try some on, to see which one I want to get. My goal is by my birthday in October to get my very first guitar! How exciting!!
My Daddy plays. I grew up singing Horse With No Name while he played. I have always loved the way he plays, to this day, it still makes me tear up. Hubby plays a lot like him. I can’t wait to talk to him again and tell him my news! I hope I do good with this! I feel good about it.
For the first time in a long ass time, we were both happy just because.
I think it’s the excitement of a possible job and the fact that I am finally doing something he loves so much. He has been trying for over 2 years to get me to play and I am finally doing it. I feel like it is something we can do together and enjoy together.
Woot!
No comments:
Post a Comment