CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 4, 2009

August 22, 2009
I am wiped out!
Hubby had a slight case of food poisoning and a major case of the grumps today, which left me to tend to the child. Usually this would cause me to lose my fucking mind. Not today! He was being a “step-mommy’s boy”. We went to the mall and he wanted to hold my hand the whole time. He would brush Hubby off and listen to me.
This does not happen! Ever.
It made me feel good. Like I really am doing good with him. When we got back from the mall, Hubby’s tummy was worse and he had to lie down. So I made us dinner and entertained little man. We had fun! He wanted to go to the pool all day and we kept prolonging it because neither of us really wanted to go… So finally, Hubby decided he had to just stay in bed and sleep this shit off, so me and little man went to the pool. It was us, our neighbor and his son, and another daddy with his daughter. Yes, me and 2 other dudes… It was a little uncomfortable for me because I don’t wear my wedding rings to the pool and Hubby wasn’t there. LOL! But we ended up having a really good time and I got a work out in! When we got back in the house, I gave him a bath and we went for our little nightly walk, sans Daddy. It was good “us time”. We needed it. After the walk it was snack time and some Felix cartoons and bed. I read him his little story and told him I loved him and he actually said it back.
Again, this does not happen.
So all and all, aside from poor Hubby’s belly, it has been a pretty great day.
We get our chase lounge tomorrow. I hope it fits right!
{Crossing my fingers!!!}

No comments: