Rachel Ray, I am not.When we were grocery shopping this evening, I saw 2 filet minion's for $3.50. You can't beat that!! I have been dying for steak these past few weeks. We got them and salad stuff and decided to make garlic cheddar mashed taters. Sounds awesome, huh!?
I was sooo excited! I was going on and on about how "wifey" I am and how fun it is to make my Baby steak and fresh salad! And talking about how weird it is that I'm cooking Hubby steak! {I was vegetarian when we started hanging out again, and was for 4 years, but I was a junk food veggie and made myself sick. I want to go back to it again one day}
Well... I burnt the absolute shit out of the steaks. They got red in the middle when they were done. So I kept checking them and they just wouldn't cook!! {I cooked them in a frying pan since we don't have a grill..} We finally realized they were done when we smelled how burnt they were. While burning the steaks, I made some instant mashed potatoes and added some cheddar cheese and garlic powder to them. One word. Cement. The salad, however, was wonderful!
I was very sad that instead of steak and taters we had bricks and cement.
Hubby is the best husband ever and ate his all up without even a face. He even got seconds on the cement!
I know I'll look back on this and laugh, tell my step grandchildren about it. It'll be sweet that I tried to cook and couldn't when we first got married. We will all laugh about it, but I squeaked a tear or two tonight about it... {Literally, like 2 tears came out, then I laughed about it.}
I do have a new mission! I'm going to effin rock some steaks out! You just wait until we get our house and a grill, I'll post mouth watering pics of steak! =)
All in all, it was an... interesting dinner.
Strawberry yogurt with fresh blueberries and Hot Toddy's for desert. I know I can't fuck that up...
*
Always have exercise clothes handy.
*
2 comments:
My husband has had to suffer many of my culinary disasters - and to be fair, so have I when he's cooked. But we have both got better! I know they say a bad workman blames his tools but having the proper equipment is important - I'm sure once you get your grill, as you say, your steaks will be perfect.
It is really easy to cook a steak on the stove top or under the broiler [in the oven] once you get the hang of it - just goggle broiling steak or pan fried steak and you will get some handy tips [times, seasonings, etc.]
No need for a grill really - we live in the NE and can't grill for a few months out of the year, but I can't live without a yummy steak, so we have perfected it inside :)
Good luck
Post a Comment