CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Cheap Tricks

As I've mentioned in my past few posts, I'm all about my appearance lately. It can get really expensive taking care of/pampering yourself all the time. I have found a few tricks that cost next to nothing that work amazingly...

• Witch Hazel ~ You can get it anywhere and for cheap. It is an awesome face toner. Just put some on a cotton ball after you've washed and dried your face, let it dry and use your favorite moisturizer. I always thought toners were for pretentious women, until I tried it for S&G's and saw all that dirt and crap still on my face... That's what I get for thinking!

• Tea Tree Oil ~ Again, you can get this pretty much anywhere. It works great for pimples! All of them, the one's you can feel coming on, the "country" under your skin, or the one that makes you want to wear a mask out in public. Just stick a Q-tip in the bottle, get a SMALL amount (seriously, a little bit goes a very long way) and dab on your blemish. It'll go away in a few days, if not sooner.

• Baby Oil ~ I am in love with this. I saw it on a commercial one day and tried it the next day, I've been hooked ever since. I love to feel soft. I would always put lotion on after my shower. But I would feel sticky sometimes, or not be able to rub it all in... I got annoyed with it all the time. Well, get some baby oil (the off brand works just as well, it's all I use) and when you're done with your shower or bath, while you're still wet, rub it all over then towel it off. Be careful, it may make your tub a little slippery. It makes your skin so soft!! Again, a little bit goes a really long way.

• Hydrogen Peroxide ~ To whiten your teeth. Use 1 capful peroxide to 1 capful water and  rinse for like a minute or so. Brush your teeth afterward and I like to use mouth wash, too. It really does work! And again, sooo cheap!! And available! (I'm making it sound like a hooker.. LOL!)

• Hard As Hoof (nail strengthening cream) ~ This is usually by the nail stuff. You get a lot for very inexpensive and it has single handedly changed the appearance of my nails and hands. I have really ugly cuticles. The kind that flair up and grow too fast... it's bad. I have hidden my fingers for as long as I can remember. Hubby actually suggested we get this and I've started using it every night before bed. My nails look so pretty!! I would highly recommend this to anyone!! I don't hide my hands anymore! (Another "a little goes a long way" product)

 • Vaseline ~ I put it on my feet with cotton socks. You can do it at night before bed, or on days you're just lounging around. It makes your feet soooo soft! I like to rub some in on my hands, too and let it set for a little bit for a little hand treatment. Be careful not to touch anything, though... it is very greasy. I usually keep it on until I get anxious not touching anything and wash it off (about 10 min), then use a non greasy lotion. It also doubles as a great lip gloss. It feels like you have the most expensive, luxurious stuff on your lips! Again, so soft. And cheap!! (I also recently found out that Vaseline brand doesn't test on animals! Always a plus for me)

• Incense ~ Works great as an air freshener in the bathroom. I have a cute little bud vase that I put cheap incense sticks in and I took a white lighter and put cute stickers on it and set them by an incense holder. I love getting a little more expensive stuff for my house, but for the bathroom, I pick it up anywhere I can find it cheap. Light it for a little while and when it's safe, just dab the tip in water. One stick should last you a few trips... =)

That's all I got... I hope you all try these and I hope they work as good for you as they have me! And if you have any cheap tricks, please share!! I'd love to know more ways to pamper me without killing my budget!

*
Don't let the smallest doubt, worry, or fear paralyze you; take some risks. Statistics show that if you take risks, you will reach your goals more often.
*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post!!! :D Though I don't have a bunch of cheap tips for beauty, I do have a few that I love!

~Honey & Warm Water~
Splash relatively warm water on your face (it seems the warmer the water, the better), dab with a towel, but leave your face moist. Then massage honey over your face for a minute or so, rinse with a moist, hot washcloth. I think it works wonderfully, and keeps my face healthy and fresh, plus this remedy doesn't dry my face out as the chemicals do. I use it once every other day.

~Long, curly Lashes~
This one is simple, quick, and works WONDERS! All you need is an eyelash curler and a blow dryer. Before curling your lashes, heat the eyelash curler with the blow dryer. The heat has the same effect on lashes as it does on hair! Told ya it was simple!

~Yogurt and Orange Peel~
As odd as it sounds, mix 3 tbsp yogurt with 1.5 tbsp orange peel. Gently rub mixture into your face for about 2 minutes, then rinse with warm water. This is a great home remedy solution for expensive exfoliating creams and I've been told the acidic acid in the yogurt actually removes dead skin cells.

Well, that's all I've got! :D Hope you enjoy them!!

Anonymous said...

Vaseline is AMAZING!! It's great for lip gloss (and moisturiser!), and I read once that if you put it on your eyelashes before bed it helps strengthen them so they fall out less. I also use it on my nails around the cuticles which dry out easily before bed, and next day they're lovely! :)