CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 4, 2010

Our story.

I've been meaning to do this for a while, so why not now.
Our story. How we met.

*****************************


We went to high school together. He was the goth kid that worked at the only music store in our one horse town. I was the lost girl who was wayyy to cool to talk to some goth kid. When Momma and I would go to the music store, she would always tell me how cute she thought he was and how we should hook up. Secretly, I thought he was beautiful, but couldn't due to h.s. politics.
A few years after school, we had a mutual friend and ended up hanging out as a group like every day. They were in a band and I thought I liked the "singer", but I would sit in the corner in this big comfy chair and watch Hubby for hours as he played his Les Paul. The band broke up and I went with the singer and bass player. Hubby went with who is now Baby Momma. {She and I were once friends, I hooked her and Hubby up, thinking she was cool. When the band split, the real her came out and she had nothing to do with me because she had what she wanted: him.} I tried to keep in touch with him, but being that he was with her and the guys were all mad at each other, it was kind of impossible.
Years later, we befriended each other on Myspace. We'd flirt back and forth and finally I asked him if he wanted to meet up at my favorite bar and catch up. We had a blast. We kept in touch and more and more I wanted to be with him. I asked him to be my "date" for a work dinner and it was that night I realized this could actually be something. It took us a really long time to admit we were dating. We dated exclusively for months before we made it official. And we took the sex thing slow. {That seemed to be the thing that fucked all my other relationships up} I fell in love fast, but refused to admit it (to him) upfront. About 6 months we started really talking about our future together, marriage? I was terrified of the word. My parents had a nasty divorce and I didn't want that. We moved in together a year into it and got engaged. From there, it's history.
We've had our up's and down's, but so far, it's been the best relationship I could imagine.
It's funny, because at first he was too cheesy. I almost broke up with him. I went on a trip to visit my Daddy and saw he saw how he was with his girlfriend. And I saw how my little brother treated his girl. I realized that though cheesy, Hubby was something to hold onto. I had always dated jerks, so why not try it out with a nice guy?

What is that saying, "Nice guys finish last"... It's true.



So, this is our story. I am one lucky girl!


*
All you need is love.
*

1 comment:

emma said...

what a great story! And you look beautiful together :)