I'm just not having a good day today. I'm not having a very good weekend.
Little man is still on my shit list from yesterday. Hubby is being kind of a butt head. I really want a real cigarette. I have to deal with BM today and don't want to. And I'm out of my Supercritical Holy Basil. I didn't realize how much it helped until I ran out of it. I'll get more this week, and I'll order a bigger bottle and never run out again.
I feel like there is a little rain cloud following me around. It doesn't help that it's nasty outside.
=(
*
"Always look on the bright side of life!"
*
4 comments:
hang in there!
It sounds like you're having a horrible weekend, I hope things get better for you next week.
:) *hugs*
I hope you don't mind a suggestion about your little man ... I have 3 little kids and I took a parenting class when I was reminding myself waaaaay too much of my mom with my first (when she was about two!)
Anyway, maybe one of the things that changed everything for me (when I remember to practice it, ha ha) is ignoring bad behaviour (and absenting myself to another room with my tea and book if it continues and escalates).
The theory is that kids make bids for attention, positive attention or negative. If I practice giving them nothing for their poor behaviour, and noticing when they do stuff right, the lousy, irritating stuff happens less often and the yummy stuff happens more.
Works for me most of the time (um, except on frequent BAD parenting days, sigh), and the oldest turns seven soon.
I can always use Little man advice!! Thank you for the tip, I'll have to give it a try... =)
Sorry to hear the weekend is sucky for you! :( Hopefully, the un-fun weekend means that the week will hold lots of happiness for you! :) Love ya pretty lady!
Post a Comment