I'll start it out with the bad and end it with the good...
The bad: I love the fact that I have a job, that we have extra income. I hate the fact that my boss doesn't take into account that I'm the only family girl there. I have a stepson, I have a brand new husband. I have a family. Family will always be more important than work. ALWAYS. Period. I asked my boss if the other girl I work with and I could work every other Saturday, that seems fair to me. She is very single and doesn't mind working / helping me out. So when I asked my boss, she went on some rant about how we already do,
{Note~This is NOT true. I've been there 3 Saturdays and worked all of them!}
and how when we open on Sunday's it'll be completely different. I asked her when we were opening on Sundays and she said "Oh, sometime." Um.. okay. Sure. So on Friday, the day before Saturday, when the new schedule comes out, I'm fucking working! I was livid. I asked to have every other Saturday off and she completely blew me off! I asked her if my coworker and I could switch shifts, she offered. No. My boss had to get it cleared with the owner and claims that she couldn't ask the day before. I'm sorry, but this is bullshit! You can make that phone call! I don't know what to do from here. I want to talk to her about it and explain that I need to spend time with my husband and son, but I don't want to be pushy and lose my job... It's just bullshit. Any suggestions? Opinions? Ideas?
OKAY!!
The good: Due to my incredible pissedoffness on Friday, when I got home from work, I told Hubby to get dressed, we're going out and that's that! So we went to our bar and had an absolute blast. I kicked his ass 6 times in a row at pool! Holler! Haha! I got completely shit faced and it felt great! Come Saturday, I was a touch hungover but ended up having a pretty good day at work, for what it's worth. We went and saw a movie at the theaters, which we haven't in forever and went to bed early due to the hangover. =) Now yesterday, yesterday was wonderful! We got a late start and just farted around in the morning. We went to Red Robin for lunch. May I suggest that if you ever have the chance to eat there, do! It is amazing!! I am in love with their sandwiches. Our Red Robin is in the mall, when we walked into the mall, there was a kiosk for electronic cigarettes, or "e cigs". A friend is using them and seems to be doing well with them, so I stoped and spoke with the girl there. She let us try it and I swear to God, it tasted like a real cigg. You can feel the smoke, taste it, but it doesn't smell, have a nasty after taste, and it's not as bad for you. You are only getting the nicotine and can control the amount you get, so eventually you are smoking, but not really. My problem is that when I get upset or drunk, I want to smoke. So with this, I'll be able to do it without harming those around me or myself! The initial price is a little steep, but I know will save us in the long run. I'm going to get it for myself on my birthday. I usually get $ on my birthday and am hoping I get enough to cover my fancy "robot cigarette" as Hubby calls it. I also played with a puppy at the puppy store. Playing with a puppy is just so wonderful! We also went to my favorite nature trail and adventured. We climbed rocks and hills, hiked through bushes, and ended it sitting on railroad tracks watching a family play. It was just so nice to spend time with my love in nature, outside. We also got some pumpkin spice lattes! I swear to you, we are so obsessed with that shit. The night ended with some gossiping with Karie, an evening stroll and husband/wife time. ;) It was just such a wonderful day! Today, I'm just taking it slow and enjoying "me time". I'm making meatballs and sketty tonight and will workout today.
I apologize for the novel...
*
Do what you love most. Do it often. And find a way to get paid to do it.
*
No comments:
Post a Comment