CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 3, 2011

Religion = Tolerance?

I try to be very tolerant with others beliefs and religion. I think that if how you believe helps you to get through the day, especially the hard ones, do your thing! As long as you aren't hurting yourself or others, of course.
That being said, who is anyone to judge someone else's way of life? Who are YOU to judge the way others feel and think?? I can't stand "judgemental Christians" The people who believe that if you don't live your life by "The Book" that you are wrong and therefore judged... Am I wrong for not going to church? Am I wrong for questioning? I don't think so. I also don't think they are wrong... who knows who is right or wrong?
This probably seems totally out of the blue, but I've been experiencing a lot of forced opinions lately. It gets under my skin. I think that the only time you should discuss this topic is with close friends and family that you trust (or ranting on your blog). Not at work, not on facebook, not with random strangers waiting in the line at your local grocery store... I'd appreciate not being asked if I've found Jesus, or what church I attend, or randomly being preached to because I made a random comment about how I had an awesome breakfast... LOL!
I think that badmouthing other religions is un-christian. I was taught that God is love. And talking ugly about Buddhists, Taoist, Mormons, Pagans, Wiccans, Catholics, and so on and so forth is very unbecoming. It doesn't make me want to be your friend, it makes me not want to know you. As we all know, I live in my own little happy world and it includes everyone. Even... GASP... Atheists! As long as you live your life with love, you're cool with me. It doesn't matter what your "title" is. It matters how you act daily. How do you treat other people? With love or judgement?
That is what matters! 
As The Beatles so eloquently said "All You Need Is Love"!!!!!! 

1 comment:

karen said...

I'm with you, girl! I never understood it either. (That's why I married a guy who reflected my belief system, or lack thereof, it matters not which.)

Great post!