I took my car to the shop the other day because it's been acting up and though I really want a new one, I know that it's the responsible thing to do to keep it. I just paid it off and we dont' need a payment.
Plus, Hubby is getting the guitar of his dreams finally, after falling through the last 2 times he's tried to get it....
I get a phone call today... My car is fucked.
Two of the motor mounts are broken and one of the cylinders is destroyed. It's going to cost us $1500 to fix it, but it'll only temporally fix it...
In other words, I need to get a new car.
SMACKKKKK in our face!!!!
So now, Hubby can't get his guitar AGAIN because I have to get a new car.
I do want a new one. Have for a while, but not in this unexpected way. Not so I can have the shiny new toy and Hubby has to put his dream aside again because of me. I am feeling such guilt right now. He's so sad. And he's not mad at me at all, which touches my heart. I can't say I wouldn't be pissed toward him for his shit crushing my dream... He's such a wonderful man. =)
And! To add insult to injury, instead of him getting his guitar started on Saturday, we'll be looking at cars for me. God. I told him I'll buy him lunch (most likely including a stiff drink!) and we can listen to whatever music he wants and I won't even make an icky face. LOL!
It sucks I feel guilty about this. I wish I could feel happy about it, and I am... I'm happy I'll have a reliable car in case we have to evacuate due to hurricane season, or if we feel like going to New Orleans for a weekend, we won't have to worry about if our car will get there or not. His car is older and not 100% reliable. We need at least one between the two of us.
So, yuck...
No comments:
Post a Comment