On April, 20, 2010, Jimmy "Cleve" Kinsey II passed away.
I have been friends with Kaire since we were 15. I have watched this hyper little girl grown into the strongest woman I have ever met. Her strength is my inspiration to be a better person. To see everything she has been through with Cleve is one of the hardest things I have watched. She has always put him first, even now. The funeral was on Monday. I watched my best friend bury her husband. {He was in PTSD rehab and fell into a table, that is how he passed} Somehow she kept her shit together. She cried and did have moments where she broke down, but even in the hardest day of her life, she was the most put together woman I've ever known. I love her and hate that I can't just fix everything for her. I want to make it all go away. I want to hide with her under the covers until the rain is gone and it's sunshine and butterflies.
I have been friends with Kaire since we were 15. I have watched this hyper little girl grown into the strongest woman I have ever met. Her strength is my inspiration to be a better person. To see everything she has been through with Cleve is one of the hardest things I have watched. She has always put him first, even now. The funeral was on Monday. I watched my best friend bury her husband. {He was in PTSD rehab and fell into a table, that is how he passed} Somehow she kept her shit together. She cried and did have moments where she broke down, but even in the hardest day of her life, she was the most put together woman I've ever known. I love her and hate that I can't just fix everything for her. I want to make it all go away. I want to hide with her under the covers until the rain is gone and it's sunshine and butterflies.
This has affected me more than I thought it would. Cleve was only 25. He was hilarious. There literally was never a dull moment when he was around. He made everything fun. He lit up a room by walking near it. Like all people, he had his issues, especially after his deployment, but even then, he found the humor and life in all situations. I miss him. I hate we can't go get a beer when he and Karie visit us. I know he is on to bigger and better things now. He is at peace. He is missed and loved.
5 comments:
I am so sorry. I used to follow her blog .... wow! That is just horrible. I will definitely keep their family in my prayers
Hi Melissa,
I am glad that Karie has a long-time friend like you to be around when she is hurting. I came across your blog through hers, and have found myself following both ...
I'm sorry too for your loss. Take care of Karie, take care of you.
karen
Tear woman....
Thanks, Karen. I always love your comments and advice. =)
ya. I'm elderly. but a "young mom". that advice just keeps comin' outta me. since I was little. I prefer to think of it as *encouragement* but really, it is what it is.
I like what you write. We're at such different places in our lives, but I was where you guys were at, in my own way, a while back. And it was hard, but it got me to where I am now and, for the most part, I really like now.
But I'm really sad about Cleve. What a loss for you guys, and his family. I hate it when the world loses a "good guy", even (and sometimes especially) the ones who are struggling. We need more of those, not less.
Post a Comment